DONNÉES DE L'ÉQUIPE
Représentant d'équipe : Fernando Eiroa Lorenzo (ES) – architecte; Associés : Jorge García Anta (ES), Alberto Seoane Sesar (ES) – architectes
LCG arquitectura, c/ Alcalde Salorio Suarez, planta 1, Local 4, 15010 A Coruña – España
+34 981 256 020 – firstname.lastname@example.org – www.lcgarquitectura.com
F. Eiroa Lorenzo, A. Seoane Sesar & J. García Anta
INTERVIEW en anglais
Cliquer sur les images pour les agrandir
1. How did you form the team for the competition?
We have been working together since 1995 as LCG arquitectura (Fernando Eiroa and Jorge García). Nowadays, Alberto Seoane is with us due to our common point of view and interests.
2. How do you define the main issue of your project, and how did you answer on this session main topic: Adaptability through Self-Organization, Sharing and/or Project (Process)?
Our proposal is a clear radical answer owing to a hectic, yet amazing site. We wanted to create an abstract exhibition concept by mixing an open space with a dynamic park. This openness is made by a huge cover and also by a flexible design. Therefore, this new object will organise the whole site.
3. How did this issue and the questions raised by the site mutation meet?
We think that if the site is stressed by its surroundings, we would have to give a powerful answer in order to ensure proper linkages with the Vistula.
4. Have you treated this issue previously? What were the reference projects that inspired yours?
We did not use to propose iconic interventions. However, we dealt with an urban scale this time, so we were sure to create more than an exhibition space. We can appreciate this alternative intention on the Old Town Market Place in Warszawa, as well as the proposal for Polish Pavilion or the Fish Market in Lira (A Coruña).
5. Today –at the era of economic crisis and sustainability– the urban-architectural project should reconsider its production method in time; how did you integrate this issue in your project?
Flexibility and economy are both included in the project; we could therefore consider the idea of an abstract proposal that will be able to fit into a suitable reality.
6. Is it the first time you have been awarded a prize at Europan? How could this help you in your professional career?
This is our first Europan prize, this is therefore a special support in our career. We are very glad to be part of this wonderful competition. Besides, this type of recognition makes you go ahead in this competitive occupation.